Sunday, February 21, 2010

Full analysis to Digital World

After watching the movie, I thought that it was quite shocking and disturbing in a sense at how reliable everyone has become with technology. The whole gaming thing i think is good to a certain extent. I believe it is good that other people can form relationships through it, however, i believe that it is a fictional relationship because the people are more attracted to the character they create than possibly the actual person in real life. My opinion is that nobody can substitute a made up character to the real thing. I mean if they end up liking the actual person than that is great, good for them, but if they can't and they just rely on the gaming system than i feel that in the end those people are still going to be alone because their fictional character is not real. I personally miss the days when i was younger and nobody had cell phones. I mean they still had things like beepers and the out of style trac phones. However, I liked the whole thing where you could have a conversation with someone without them texting someone constantly or you play a game of basketball outside without someone talking on their phone in between rest breaks. I mean i am guilty of all of this but i did go without a cell phone for a week and it was quite liberating. I liked the feeling of not having to text someone all the time or worry about having my cell phone on me for someone calls. The only thing i really liked cell phones for is not having that awkward conversation in between phone calls and in case of an emergency. I got a flat tire on my way home from work this last summer and if i didn't have a cell phone i would've had to walk a mile just to call for a tow truck. But i mean i don't feel like everyone should rely on new technology for everything like making relationships and to do everything. I think social face-to-face interaction is important and i don't want to ever work at a job where i have to sit at a computer desk all day. Some people like it, but i have to stay active. I was shocked seeing how the one company was completely online. I personally think that that is just ridiculous because people need to be socially interactive in order to grow and prosper. I just don't like how everything is becoming a virtual world. I mean you only live once, so why make it all based on a computer or cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment